Welcome to Sultan Yoga!
I am on sabbatical from March 2013 till November 2013. Please contact me in November to schedule new appointments.
My main focus as a teacher is helping my students develop their own long-term yoga practice tailored to their needs. In order to achieve that goal, I work with students one on one or in small groups, where I assess their current physical state and develop practice sets that address specific issues and can be safely done outside sessions.
I took 200hr Vinyasa Krama Teacher Training program, which is registered with Yoga Alliance. My teacher, Srivatsa Ramaswami, was a private student of 33 years of the legendary Sri Krishnamacharya.
My sessions include:
- Systematic approach in helping you learn proper ujjayii breath for asana (pose) practice
- Asanas tailored to your needs and arranged in specific sequences
- Pranayama (breath control) exercises to prepare mind for meditation
- In-depth explanation of underlying principles behind asanas and pranayama
- Careful adjustments throughout the session
- Guidance in increasing awareness of your breath, posture and movement
- Continuous encouragement to develop trust in your own intuitions